M9 Study Questions
Galizio, M. (1979). Contingency-shaped and rule-governed behavior: Instructional control of human loss avoidance. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 31(1), 53-70. (Links to an external site.)
- What effect do instructions and rules have on schedules of reinforcement?
- What happens to rule following when the behavior is not reinforced?
- Briefly describe experiment 1. What was the procedure? What were the results?
- Briefly describe experiment 2. What was the procedure? What were the results?
- Briefly describe experiment 3. What was the procedure? What were the results?
- Finally, describe what this article tells us about instructions and rules and how they can influence behavior.
Hayes, S.C., Brownstein, A.J., Zettle, R.D., Rosenfarb, I., & Korn, Z. (1986). Rule-governed behavior and sensitivity to changing consequences of responding. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 45(3), 237-256. (Links to an external site.)
- Does human behavior differ from the behavior of other species? Why or why not?
- Describe the procedure for experiment 1. What were the different groups and what contingencies were in place for each?
- What sources of control were examined in experiment 2? What did this experiment tell us?
- What did these studies tell us about rule-governed and contingency-shaped behavior?
- What relation does rule-governed behavior have to verbal behavior? Get assistance from our top rated tutors at Collegly.com ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐